Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do I apply my blush first, or my loose powder?

I have Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Blush in the ';Vibrant'; shade. I also have the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Loose Powder (NOT concealer or foundation powder, just mineral powder stuff that's supposed to give skin a ';airbrushed'; look). Which do I apply first?Do I apply my blush first, or my loose powder?
I would apply powder first. If you want your blush to last longer, apply a little bit before AND after your powder. Building up color in layers will help it to last longer.Do I apply my blush first, or my loose powder?
I am not personally familiar with those products but here is the general rule of thumb when it comes to blush and powder.





If you are using a powder formula blush then apply your face powder first and then blend the powder blush over that.





If you are using a cream, gel or stain formula blush then it is best to apply that first, and then set it with powder on top.





There are always exceptions to these rules, but this general guideline should help give you a place to start from.
Apply the blush first and then the powder. The purpose of powder is to make your make up last longer. If you apply the blush in the end, it will be more likely to come off easily.
Apply your powder first before blush,


If you apply blush first before powder, the blush will not show primarily.
1] blush, then


2] oose powder - Last, applied with a powder brush to set your makeup
Loose powder first, then blush.
Powder first then blush
apply powder first and then blush :)
powder first then blush xx

No comments:

Post a Comment