Monday, December 28, 2009

Can you tell me what a primer, toner, and loose powder is? I'm confused?

I'm new to makeup and I don't understand why we use primers, toners, and loose powder.


Anybody want to tell me?Can you tell me what a primer, toner, and loose powder is? I'm confused?
As above :) Just to expand.





Primer evens out your skin if you have any pimples/wrinkes. I only use a primer on my eyes if I am using eyeshadow, some people use primer underneath foundation (all over your face), but unless you are old and wrinkly (!) it isn't worth clogging up your skin.





Toner is used to clear the skin of grease, it also closes pores (they look like little dots on your skin that open to allow you to breath) you generally use it in a skincare regime. Cleanse, tone and moisturize before you go to sleep at night and before you put make-up on in the morning.





I use loose powder everyday. Some people wear it over their foundation, but if your skin is unblemished you can get away with wearing powder on its own, no liquid foundation for a more natural look.





Hope this helps. Have fun with your make-up exploration.Can you tell me what a primer, toner, and loose powder is? I'm confused?
Primer~ Will put a barrier between your moisturizer and foundation so that your foundation doesn't disappear throughout the day. It will also give your foundation a smoother look.





Toner~ Use after you wash face so that it removes the soap residue and any additional makeup left on your face.





Loose Powder~ It sets your foundation and helps to seal in your foundation, giving it a smoother flawless look.
Primers are the base application that prevents foundation and makeup from ';melting'; off the face as the day progresses. Here's a link on how to apply Primers:


http://www.beauty-advices.com/how-to-use鈥?/a>





A Toner is for the extra step of cleansing with a cotton ball after you wash your face with a facial cleanser. But if you have a great cleanser that removes all traces of makeup, including eye makeup, all in one step, you do not need to waste your money on it. I recommend Neutrogena's One-Step Gentle Cleanser that takes off face makeup and eye makeup all in one step. Toners tend to dry out your face more.





Loose powder is for giving your face a smooth, matte finish. Here's a link that differentiates between Loose Powder vs. Pressed Powder:


http://www.free-makeup-tips.com/makeup/p鈥?/a>
toner is like clinique clarifying lotion,


cleans skin,





primer makes foundation go on smoother


and loose powder helps set makeup,


you can get pressed for during the day to stop shinyness.





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment