Friday, December 18, 2009

Can you make a loose powder (cosmetic) into a pressed powder?

I've always wanted to fill a pretty vintage compact with my favorite powder, but I have no idea how to do this. I can't find a pressed powder refill insert to fit the compact. Can I make my own pressed powder from loose powder directly in the compact? Thanks for your help and suggestions! :-)Can you make a loose powder (cosmetic) into a pressed powder?
yes you can. I would not recommend lotion. but its like pressing pigments into pressed shadows. First you take some alcohol and mix it into a paste with the power. place it into ur compact tapping compact down on the table the entire time so that there are no bubbles. then just let dry. heres a video of the pressed shadows





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvaaM7Mw鈥?/a>Can you make a loose powder (cosmetic) into a pressed powder?
The only way I have ever been able to make my own when I run out is to mix it with the right kind of lotion. Moisturizer is best. Sometimes water works, but in general they aren't the best kinds of make-up. And it is a bit messy. But it will work. Hope I helped!
Not really. They are milled differently and are different products all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment