Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do I use pressed or loose powder to set concealer?

What's the best drugstore and high end brand. When do I apply the powder right after I put the concealer on or 5 minutes later etc. THANKS :)











oh my goodness I've asked SOOO many makeup questions today if you can help me with those too it'd be great but if not-okay :)Do I use pressed or loose powder to set concealer?
I love Rimmel London's Stay Matte pressed powder. I guess I like pressed powders best because I just find them less messy. With a loose powder I find I have powder all over my bathroom counter, haha.





Yes, you apply it right after you put on your concealer/foundation.





I don't know about the high end, I like Rimmel too much, haha. I use their translucent powder so I don't have to worry about it matching my skin tone.Do I use pressed or loose powder to set concealer?
Either works fine, it's just your preference for how you like to apply it. Loose powder just doesn't give as much coverage. And it really doesn't matter how long after you put concealer on to put powder on. Just make sure you've completely blended the concealer on your skin before putting on powder. Personally, i think Physicians Formula is the best brand- its the best for your skin- minerals, no talc.Its in drugstores.
Drugstore powder? Rimmel London's Stay Matte. It's really smooth and I believe they have a translucent shade that compliments most every skin tone.





High end powder? I would say Bare Mineral's Mineral Veil. For the price and the quality, it's a fantastic product.





You can apply powder over concealer immediately after if you so choose. There's no real time limit on when you should do something like that. Honestly, I have no problem putting foundation over concealer and doing that before I set my whole face with powder, so it doesn't really matter, as long as you do it.
I've used both loose and pressed for undereye concealer and I don't see a difference. Right now I've got a huge tub of Clinique loose powder and that thing has lasted a loooonnnnnnnng time.


It's more expensive than a drugstore brand, but you can find your exact skin tone match and it'll last you really long too, especially if it's only to set concealer. Good luck!!
You apply the powder right after the concealer. It doesn't matter whether it's loose or pressed powder, they're the same thing, just in different forms. I'm honestly not all that picky about my translucent powder. You can try maybe N.Y.C. for a lower end/drugstore brand and maybe Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil for something a little more high end. Good luck!
bareminerals por favor :O

No comments:

Post a Comment